WNYDateSpot Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ladies, what do you think of this one......

3 posters

Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Ladies, what do you think of this one......

Post  Webmaster Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:51 pm

On another message board (non-dating related) that I'm a part of, someone posted this:

"Guys make this mistake all the time in thinking that if they are full of kindness and love towards the woman, it will make the woman more attracted to them. It's actually the opposite. Kindness must be warranted. It's kind of like the guy that says "I love you" all the time and thinks that is what she wants to hear. If he never says it and then says it when it is truly warranted, it will bring her to tears. Women will ask for what they really don't want all the time. Its up to the guy to decipher and deliver the correct dose at the right time. Never let her write the prescription. I am convinced that if you truly always listen to the woman, on her own, she will ruin her own relationship with you. Then she will blame you for it."

Figured that there'd be some interesting feedback on this one.....

Webmaster
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 23
Your Profile : WEBMASTER any questions ...contact me
Registration date : 2008-07-06

http://wnydatespot.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Her post....

Post  Sharzi Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:28 am

The woman who posted that on a message board is definitely not speaking for all women. I don't play games and I won't tolerate someone who does. I ask for exactly what I want. Anyone reading my profile or talking to me won't need a rosetta stone to decipher my words because I say exactly what I mean.

Nice guys are hard to find and what would ever possess a woman who finally finds one, to completely destroy what could potentially be the best thing she's ever had?

Some people are stupid. And, chances are if a woman posts what she did, she IS the type of person who plays games.

To me.... being nice.... matters.

Sharzi
Sharzi
Sharzi

Female
Number of posts : 19
Job/hobbies : Banker (Corporate) / writing, art, jewelry design, cooking, dancing... you name it, as long as I'm i
Humor : A mixture of goofy, silly, teasing.... love to laugh!
Registration date : 2008-07-13

http://www.myspace.com/Sharzi

Back to top Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Re: Ladies, what do you think of this one......

Post  Webmaster Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:44 pm

I've heard before that nice guys are hard to find, and I'm personally curious as to what would be the "typical" thing that you'd run in to, as opposed to someone who has the characteristics that in your own mind create a genuine interest?

Webmaster
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Characteristics....

Post  Sharzi Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 pm

Not sure what you're asking? Are you asking what makes a nice guy? Or what women are looking for in a man?

Sharzi
Sharzi
Sharzi

Female
Job/hobbies : Banker (Corporate) / writing, art, jewelry design, cooking, dancing... you name it, as long as I'm i

Back to top Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Re: Ladies, what do you think of this one......

Post  Webmaster Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Neither. Basically, I'm asking what you see as the "typical" profile of the "man on the market".

Webmaster
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Ladies, what do you think of this one...... Empty Man on the market....

Post  Sharzi Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:07 am

The typical man on the market is looking for sex... period. Those who might have an interest in a possible relationship are first looking for sex. If they don't get sex, you don't hear from them again.

Liars, cheaters, manipulators, con men.... they are running rampant and the sad thing is, when a good one really does come along, women are so scared to trust them, they may push them away.

I won't go into what my dates have been like, but suffice it to say, it's the reason I really have stopped looking. I was tired of men thinking I was nothing more than a vessel. I am much more than that and would love to be treated with respect.

I'm sure there are just as many women out there who make the good ones look bad too. If only there was a way to round up all the good ones. Smile Would make it so much easier.

Sharzi
Sharzi
Sharzi

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  Webmaster Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:21 am

For myself, I see many women that have far too much chaos in their lives, and try to look for a man to "solve" their issues, or bring them to a point in their lives that they aspire to, shortcutting the hard work it takes to get there.

I'm not saying that my ideal mate, for example, would have to be a homeowner (as I am), have money, or be successful, but someone that has put some effort into their lives. Oddly enough, I tend to look at her kitchen. If her stove is a mess with old grease splattered all over it, the yard has ashtrays filled to the rim with butts and rainwater (ugh), and there's piles of clothes everywhere, this is not someone that I'd want to commit to (especially if they know that there's company coming). I do laundry, I clean my kitchen, I vacuum and dust, and I'm very proud of my home. I look at that and know that in the future, I'd be working against the tide of someone else's lack of effort. Sure, we all have bad days, or weeks, but when your kitchen garbage is surrounded by little tsetse flies, time to take it out!

By the time we're at this point in our lives, we all have pasts. That doesn't bother me, nothing in anyone's past that isn't a huge chaotic part of their present would turn me away. But have pride in yourself.

Sex is as sex does. It's wonderful, but can't create a relationship nor hold one together, and true to what you've said, many women think that they MUST offer sex to keep the man. I myself am so tired of women willing to jump into bed with me after just meeting me, thinking that it will create an immediate bond or commitment, and it doesn't. It ends up hurting someone, and I don't want to hurt anyone, much less myself.

Someday my princess will come......till then, I have to finish painting my spare room Smile

Webmaster
Admin

Female

Back to top Go down

Post  pjay Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:43 pm

I also say what I mean. I have been told I am direct and clear. The best compliment I have ever received was that after chatting on the computer and the phone, then meeting (and then dating for about 6 months) he told me that I was exactly as I presented myself. I don't say one thing and mean another. I don't expect my partner to be a mind reader. And I hope that when I meet folks they give me a chance, as I try to do when I meet people. Am I always successful? No. I am not yet the person I hope to become and am not perfect. But I hope folks see me for who I am, the good and the bad, rather than putting their past experiences and histories on me. So, back to the original post, I think there are men, and women, who think that way or act that way, but I am not one.

pjay

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down